Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On the 5th Day of Christmas

When I pulled out my bag of holiday books at the start of December, I discovered this treasure, written last year by a third grader and now former student and packed away amongst the books:

"The Christmas March" (12 days of Christmas) by Virginia W.
♪ On the 1st day of Christmas, Ms. Steinhardt gave to me, a pencil and a pink book.
On the 2nd day of Christmas, Ms. Steinhardt gave to me, two mystery rocks and a pencil and a pink book. ♪
♪ On the 3rd day of Christmas, Ms. Steinhardt gave to me, three cameras clicking, two mystery rocks, and a pencil and a pink book.
On the 4th day of Christmas, Ms. Steinhardt gave to me, four math problems, three cameras clicking, two mystery rocks, and a pencil and a pink book. ♪
♪ On the 5th day of Christmas, Ms. Steinhardt gave to me, five chapter books, four math problems, three cameras clicking, two mystery rocks, and a pencil and a pink book. ♪
Now I have to go read those chapter books!

No comments:

Post a Comment