Friday, October 9, 2009

Please Mr. Postman



"Look and see . . . is there a letter in your bag for me?"





A few weeks ago, we received our first letters from our pen pals. What fun to have a pen pal in another public Montessori class on the other side of the city!
"She likes all the same things that I like!"

Having a somewhat mysterious new friend with whom one can only communicate via letters is also great motivation for reading and writing.


Many thanks to Ms. C for the brilliant idea of pairing up the children in our two classes as pen pals. The anticipation of opening the envelope and the excitement of reading that first letter were huge!

The children selected full-page magazine photographs and used them to make very cool homemade envelopes for their responses to their new friends. These envelopes are easy, green (re-use!), and virtually free to make! Try making more at home.











(I made one for Ms. C, too! I hope she doesn't peek at the blog before the mail arrives. I want her to be surprised!)



"Deliver the letter--the sooner, the better!"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/19/2009

    I have never had a penpal before. Maybe my grandson will.

    ReplyDelete